Series 18: Combi-Tee
The American AVK Series 18 is another AVK innovation designed to save time on the installation of hydrant laterals. It reduces the number of joints - which reduces leakage. It is competitively priced to replace the cost of the fitting and valve.
- Certified to NSF 61 by Underwriters Laboratories
- Sizes: 6" x 6", 8" x 6", 12" x 6"
- Push-on or MJ connections available
- Mainline laying length to AWWA C153
- All AVK Series 18 combi-tees meet or exceed the requirements of AWWA C509 and C153 where applicable
- Stainless steel stem - standard
- Lead free
- Threads rolled in a separate cold pressing process to enhance strength.
- Rolled threads ensure smooth thread edges and low operating torques.
- Twice the yield strength required by AWWA eliminates bent and broken stems
- Bronze stems are available
- Stainless steel bolts - standard
- Packing gland bolts and bonnet bolts are stainless steel for corrosion resistance
- Bonnet bolts are countersunk and capped with hot melt to totally isolate the bolts from corrosive environments
- O-ring bonnet gasket wraps each bolt to prevent corrosion
- Bonnet blow offs due to bolt corrosion eliminated
- Fully encapsulated wedge with EPDM - standard
- Ductile iron wedge fully encapsulated in EPDM rubber with an integral bronze stem nut for optimum corrosion protection and precision wedge tracking
- EPDM resists attack from chloramines
- Ductile iron gland flange for protection should the valve be over-torqued in the closed direction - will not break or crack
- Gland flange equipped with cast in lifting lugs for easy handling
- Wiper ring - to prevent impurities from entering the stem and to protect the o-rings
- Two o-ring stem seals to reduce friction and prevent wear and tear - replaceable under full pressure
- Third o-ring stem seal protects upper stem from impurities entering from the water way
- Coating to AWWA C550 - Electrostatically applied fusion bonded epoxy coating inside and outside for excellent corrosion resistance
- 100% testing - All valves tested to 250 PSI / 500 PSI as required by AWWA