Series 03 gate valves are perfect for use in irrigation applications such as golf courses and as a service connection or curb stop valve for water supply to residential homes and commercial buildings. In rural areas, the 2” NPT valves are often used as isolation valves on the Series 67 flushing hydrants.
AVK bolting and gasket system
- 316 stainless steel bonnet bolts will never come in contact with water or soil and are 100% protected against corrosion
- Unique gasket has round inserts for bolts, which are countersunk into the tapped valve body and capped with hot-melt
- Easily disassembled after years of service - but, you’ll never need to...
Stainless steel stem
- 400 series Stainless Steel is AVK’s standard stem material, providing twice the yield strength required by AWWA; Potential for bent and broken stem is eliminated
- Threads are cold-rolled, work-hardening the steel, and ensuring smooth thread edges for low operating torque
- Unique wiper-ring protects stem from contact with soil and water
EPDM wedge w/ captive wedge nut
- Standard EPDM wedge is taste and odor free, stands up to chlorine and other disinfectants
- Wedge nut is fully encapsulated in the wedge, resulting in efficient mechanical motion and 10X the open/close operations vs. competitors; Provides higher torque resistance and prevents rubber wear and leakage
- Every AVK valve has a unique serial number engraved on the stem – also shown on the valve label; Serial number provides complete traceability to the date the valve was built, and every operation performed throughout the manufacturing process
- AVK is the only gate valve and fire hydrant manufacturer in the USA with a Quality Assurance program that requires serializing every product for traceability