Series 66 with HDPE end connections
Series 66 are provided with factory installed, HDPE ends for direct fusion to HDPE lines via electrofusion or butt-fusion. If you are installing HDPE lines, don’t settle for mechanical connections in your seamless, monolithic, self-restrained, leak-free system. Fusible end connections are also available on Series 27 dry barrel fire hydrants.
The Series 66 valve is a ductile-iron valve that meets or exceeds the requirements of AWWA C515. Every valve is 100% tested beyond AWWA C515, including low pressure testing. All valves are certified to NSF 61 and NSF 372, meeting all requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act.
HDPE end connections are factory installed
- The patented valve-to-pipe joint is water-tight and high strength – stronger than the pipe itself
- The valve can be installed using electrofusion fittings or via butt-fusion
- Optimum corrosion protection and finish of the valve joint is ensured by a heat-activated polyolefin covering, meeting the requirements of AWWA C216
- Connection to all types of HDPE possible, in common DR ratings
- PE pipe stubs comply with AWWA C906 and are NSF 61 certified
- Valve-to-pipe joint is self-retrained, eliminating the need for thrust blocking
AVK bolting and gasket system
- 316 stainless steel bonnet bolts will never come in contact with water or soil and are 100% protected against corrosion
- Unique gasket has round inserts for bolts, which are countersunk into the tapped valve body and capped with hot-melt
- Easily disassembled after years of service - but, you’ll never need to...
- 400 series Stainless Steel is AVK’s standard stem material, providing twice the yield strength required by AWWA; Potential for bent and broken stem is eliminated
- Threads are cold-rolled, work-hardening the steel, and ensuring smooth thread edges for low operating torque
- Unique wiper-ring protects stem from contact with soil and water
EPDM wedge w/ captive wedge nut
- Standard EPDM wedge is taste and odor free, stands up to chlorine and other disinfectants
- Wedge nut is fully encapsulated in the wedge, resulting in efficient mechanical motion and 10X the open/close operations vs. competitors; Provides higher torque resistance and prevents rubber wear and leakage
- Every AVK valve has a unique serial number engraved on the stem – also shown on the valve label; Serial number provides complete traceability to the date the valve was built, and every operation performed throughout the manufacturing process
- AVK is the only gate valve and fire hydrant manufacturer in the USA with a Quality Assurance program that requires serializing every product for traceability