Series 766 AWWA C504 Butterfly Valves
The Series 766 butterfly valve is our double eccentric butterfly valve that meets or exceeds the requirements of AWWA C504. Every valve is 100% tested to the requirements of AWWA C504. Valves can be rated AWWA 150B or 250B. All valves are certified to NSF 61 and NSF 372, meeting all requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act.
S766 Double Eccentric Design
- Double Eccentric design compresses the seat on closure, providing a tight seal for leak free performance.
- The rubber seal is compressed and does not sweep the 316 stainless steel seat, resulting in extended service life
- The double eccentric design is excellent for bi-directional sealing.
- Disc seat is EPDM for long life in drinking water.
- Fusion bonded epoxy coated body and disc meeting AWWA C550.
- AVK has 40 years of experience with this proven design.
Stems and Disc
- The stems are sealed at the disc hub and valve body to prevent corrosion.
- The disc is fixed to the stem with both pins and a key for an extremely strong stem to disc connection.
- Ductile iron disc is a domed, flow-through design for minimum head loss
- Every AVK valve has a unique serial number – shown on the valve label; Serial number provides complete traceability to the date the valve was built, and every operation performed throughout the manufacturing process
- AVK is the only gate valve and fire hydrant manufacturer in the USA with a Quality Assurance program that requires serializing every product for traceability
- MJ connection is designed so PVC pipe can be used without beveling the pipe for disc clearance