S766 Double Eccentric Design
- Double Eccentric design compresses the seat on closure, providing a tight seal for leak free performance.
- The rubber seal is compressed and does not sweep the 316 stainless steel seat, resulting in extended service life
- The double eccentric design is excellent for bi-directional sealing.
- Disc seat is EPDM for long life in drinking water.
- Fusion bonded epoxy coated body and disc meeting AWWA C550.
- AVK has 40 years of experience with this proven design.
Stems and Disc
- The stems are sealed at the disc hub and valve body to prevent corrosion.
- The disc is fixed to the stem with both pins and a key for an extremely strong stem to disc connection.
- Ductile iron disc is a domed, flow-through design for minimum head loss
- Every AVK valve has a unique serial number – shown on the valve label; Serial number provides complete traceability to the date the valve was built, and every operation performed throughout the manufacturing process
- AVK is the only gate valve and fire hydrant manufacturer in the USA with a Quality Assurance program that requires serializing every product for traceability
- MJ connection is designed so PVC pipe can be used without beveling the pipe for disc clearance