Series 816 AWWA C504 Butterfly Valves
The Series 816 butterfly valve is our fully rubber lined butterfly valve that meets or exceeds the requirements of AWWA C504. Every valve is 100% tested to the requirements of AWWA C504. All valves are rated 250B and are certified to NSF 61 and NSF 372, meeting all requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act.
S816 Seating System
- Fully vulcanized EPDM lining and profile disc edge design for long term leak free performance.
- Rubber Vulcanization pressures exceed 700 psi and rubber is fully bonded to the valve body.
- Ni-Cu disc edge for corrosion free seating. Disc edge shape results in less wear of the rubber lining.
- AVK has 40 years of experience with this proven seating design.
Stems and Disc
- AVK uses a unique hexagonal stem to disc connection to ensure excellent long term performance.
- Stem is 17-4 PH Stainless Steel for superior strength
- Disc is streamlined for minimum head loss
- Every AVK valve has a unique serial number, shown on the valve label; Serial number provides complete traceability to the date the valve was built – and every operation performed throughout the manufacturing process
- AVK is the only gate valve and fire hydrant manufacturer in the USA with a Quality Assurance program that requires serializing every product for traceability
- MJ connection is designed so HDPE pipe (up to DR9) can be used without beveling the pipe for disc clearance