S816 Seating System
- Fully vulcanized EPDM lining and profile disc edge design for long term leak free performance.
- Rubber Vulcanization pressures exceed 700 psi and rubber is fully bonded to the valve body.
- Ni-Cu disc edge for corrosion free seating. Disc edge shape results in less wear of the rubber lining.
- AVK has 40 years of experience with this proven seating design.
Stems and Disc
- AVK uses a unique hexagonal stem to disc connection to ensure excellent long term performance.
- Stem is 17-4 PH Stainless Steel for superior strength
- Disc is streamlined for minimum head loss
- Every AVK valve has a unique serial number, shown on the valve label; Serial number provides complete traceability to the date the valve was built – and every operation performed throughout the manufacturing process
- AVK is the only gate valve and fire hydrant manufacturer in the USA with a Quality Assurance program that requires serializing every product for traceability
- MJ connection is designed so HDPE pipe (up to DR9) can be used without beveling the pipe for disc clearance