Series 24 FlowGuard Wet Barrel Check Valve
The AVK FlowGuard II™, bi-directional check valve, is designed with safety in mind. In the event of a traffic accident, the ball will rise to seal off the flow from the main line. A small stream of water will flow, reducing possible water hammer and indicating the hydrant has been damaged.
- AVK’s unique one-piece Ductile Iron EPDM rubber encapsulated ball offers superior flow with head loss less than 2.5psi at 1000 gallons per minute.
- The AVK FlowGuard dual purpose design offers protection in both directions. During normal operation the FlowGuard is designed to prevent backflow and cross-contamination.
- When the Wet Barrel fire hydrant is hit the FlowGuard seals to prevents water loss.
Traffic Repair Kit
- The AVK FlowGuard is easily put back in operation using our standard low-cost traffic repair kit.
Ductile Iron Body
- ASTM A536 Ductile Iron Body rated at 250psi working pressure.
- Stainless Steel retaining cage eliminates any corrosion issues.
Fusion Bonded Epoxy Coating
- Electrostatically applied fusion-bonded epoxy coating meets or exceeds AWWA C550.
- Certified to NSF 61 and 372
- AVK FlowGuard comes standard with 304 mounting hardware with 316 as an option.
- AVK Series 24 FlowGuard are built in Minden, Nevada
- AVK Company is certified to comply with the ISO 9001 Quality Standard and the ISO 14001 Environmental Quality Standard.
- Every FlowGuard built has been pressure tested to twice the rated working pressure as required by the AWWA C503 standard.
- AVK FlowGuard are individually packaged and securely crated for shipment to prevent damage during transport.
- AVK offers the best Warranty in the industry, a full 10 years.